Massage Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
Marianna has recently done a course in MLD and I cannot wait to book in with her to find out more – just need to find some time!! Here, she explains what it is all about Massage Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) and it’s Benefits
Lymphatic fluid isn’t pumped around the body but moves by muscle movement. If you spend a large part of your day in the same position such as sitting at a desk, then the fluid will not move as well as if you are more mobile.
Other factors such as stress, muscle tension, illness and injury can also cause lymphatic fluid to build up in areas of the body. A specialised manual lymphatic drainage massage can help to overcome this build up by increasing the movement of the fluid.
BENEFITS OF MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE
- Helps to move lymphatic fluid around the body.
- Helps to increase the flow of toxins through the body and back to the organs that eliminate them such as the spleen and liver.
- Cleanses muscles and tissue by pulling toxins out of the tissue and pushing the fluid back to the organs of elimination.
- Helps to boost the immune system by increasing the circulation of antibodies that fight infection
- Improves blood circulation as well as drainage of lymphatic fluid
- Relieves pain and stiffness in areas where fluid retention is a problem.
- Relieves stress and stress-related conditions as it is a deeply soothing treatment.
- Can improve flexibility and increases the range of movement in areas affected by fluid retention.
If this could help you please get in touch to book your MLD treatment with Marianna directly on the details below.
Marianna is based at Total Look Thursdays and Fridays.
Please call: 07870811807